Wednesday, September 2, 2026

Don't Think Twice..It's Alright!

Greta and I  listened to Bob Dylan on our way into Portland today...  Don't Think Twice..It's Alright came on and I thought it seemed fitting for today. "It ain't no use to sit and wonder why, babe..if'n you don't know by now...And it ain't no use to sit and wonder why, babe...It'll never do somehow. "

I had dreaded this day for weeks..the day Tom died was so traumatic. He has died over and over in my memory so many times. But today I woke up and didn't feel "griefy".

I was afraid that today would bring up so much pain. But it didn't, only good memories and lots of love from friends and my family. 

 This morning, Greta and I  had  coffee here and headed into town for a nice day. And it was a great day. We had coffee and a pastry and visited a fabric store (for me)   a nice lunch then the nursery. Food, fabric and flowers!! 

 Greta and I talked a lot about Tom, our life, and now. And it all just seemed alright. 

I want to thank all my friends and family who sent us messages today. It means a lot. It helped me see that I am not alone and that
so many loved Tom. 

We had Tom's favorite dinner...bet many of you know what it is. Here are a few pictures  of our Tom dinner.






2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey, cousin-in-law!
So good to read of your adventure and see photos of you, Greta, Zach and Ruthie.
I’m missing Tom today, too; my “older & wiser” cousin as we grew up, sometimes in close proximity (like Longview,WA) and more often at great distance.
If I may add an “F” to your list:
Food, Fabric, Flowers, and Family.
Such a plus for me to see your smiling faces this particular day.
Love to you all from Juneau, Scott J.

Barb said...

What a beautiful day you're having with Greta and the family (including Tom)! Keeping him with you all and reliving joys for yourselves and as he would love seeing you enjoy. Such a good time well spent. Wish I could have joined, but having just returned from Alaska and needing some time to let that amazing experience sink in, I'm glad to find my grounding here as I embrace this world as a single. I have so much gratitude for my family and friends and larger community. "It ain't no use to sit and wonder why...I'm traveling on.."
Love you!
Rock on!