Tuesday, September 15, 2026

"next crazy venture beneath the skies"




“What is that feeling when you're driving away from people and they recede on the plain till you see their specks dispersing? - it's the too-huge world vaulting us, and it's good-bye. But we lean forward to the next crazy venture beneath the skies.”
Jack Kerouac, On the Road


I am hitting the road today. Took me hours to plan the trip back, but I have a plan. 

My first stop is close to the border in Vermont. Then I will go to Levis in Quebec to get a few van repairs made. It is where we bought our van 9 years ago. 


I'm feeling apprehensive and sad this morning. I am so bad at goodbyes. And, yes I miss Tom so much. But carry on I must. So Ruthie and I will  hop in the van and head North then West. Here is my itinerary. 

No comments: