Tuesday, September 15, 2026

"next crazy venture beneath the skies"




“What is that feeling when you're driving away from people and they recede on the plain till you see their specks dispersing? - it's the too-huge world vaulting us, and it's good-bye. But we lean forward to the next crazy venture beneath the skies.”
― Jack Kerouac, On the Road


I am hitting the road today. Took me hours to plan the trip back, but I have a plan. 

My first stop is close to the border in Vermont. Then I will go to Levis in Quebec to get a few van repairs made. It is where we bought our van 9 years ago. 


I'm feeling apprehensive and sad this morning. I am so bad at goodbyes. And, yes I miss Tom so much. But carry on I must. So Ruthie and I will  hop in the van and head North then West. Here is my itinerary. 

7 comments:

Barb said...

Looks good, Pam! I love the Kerouac quote. So hard to see your people becoming dots in the rear horizon. But your heart is so much bigger! May the roads ahead be blessed. You got this! ❤️

sally said...

Another travel adventure. You are so brave my friend! Sally here.🥰

Anonymous said...

North to South adventure - enjoy the sites

Anonymous said...

You've been processing and crafting this "great re-arrangement" for some time now, Pam. You are doing it with class and courage. I think that's mostly because you approach it with an open heart. Ganbatte!
Pam Q

Anonymous said...

Safe travels Pam! It was so good to have you visit us in Maine!

Anonymous said...

Have a great trip home. Love your blog.

Marjie Jacobs said...

From Matrjoe