Saturday, August 15, 2026

HOLY COW!!

 

It's hard not to be braggy on this blog..but I just drove all the way across Montana!! And yes that is a "holy cow" moment for me. It was a beautiful drive...all the way. And now I am in North Dakota at the Fluffy Fields Vineyard & Winery.

Back to yesterday. It didn't quite turn out how I imagined it. My stop was supposed to be at a flower farm. When I finally found it (way up a gravel road) I couldn't believe it..No flowers, dry and pretty darn ugly. So I just turned around and found another place to camp. 

There was a nice spot by the Yellowstone River not far and Ruthie and I set up camp there. We were surrounded once again by fishermen. One man had the biggest two catfish I have ever seen. Kinda creepy looking fish. I was surrounded by fishermen yesterday too at a restaurant in Ennis, Montana. 

So today I drove to this lovely spot..another 4 hours. It is beautiful with a sunflower field across the street. 


There is a nice restaurant here and tonight they have music. Maybe I will have glass of the wine they make here..


In case you are wondering: 

What I am reading: The Sun Magazine, The Correspondent

What I am listening to: A creepy crime novel..

Music: my "happy" playlist plus Pink Martini

What I am doing when not driving: Walking with Ruthie, reading, knitting, and watching a                                                                Netflix download (at night) 

Tonight: I hopefully will be sitting out listening to live music

Thank you for reading this..and thanks for the comments (though I wish you would put your nameπŸ‘€)




6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Glad to see a post tonight! A little worry crept in but I knew, stuff happens. Tonight sounds like fun.
With you and Ruthie in spirit, Sarah W.

Anonymous said...

You’re knitting? πŸ‘€ SW again

Barbara Cochrane said...

just following day by day. And loving every day. You’re not settling for a place that doesn’t add up, but find a spontaneous way! Good for you and Ruthie. Maybe you should take up fishing!

Rita Belts said...

You are a very adventurous gal…I love this trip for you Pam. I will continue to to follow your adventure and look forward to your posts. πŸ’•

Julie said...

Thanks for taking time to blog. I’m enjoying your journey.

Anonymous said...

Suzanne Locklear it sounds like this is a trip for the next chapter in your book of travels! It sounds fun, yet a few things that make it interesting for tales.