Saturday, August 22, 2026

Squirrel Hill

 Today I drove into Pittsburg. It was a sterring wheel gripping situation. I crossed a bridge I guess..but don't even remember. 

I am at Seth's home here in Squirrel Hill. Seth spoke at Tom's memorial and is a long time friend of Toms.  What I love about being with Seth is that he talks about Tom. He also cries when he talks about him. 

It was so soothing to my soul to have someone talk about Tom. It happens so rarely in my life now that I yearn for it. He talked about their back to the land days..chopping wood, making apple juice, planting big gardens and of course the days of archeology. I think those were pretty fun filled days..if you get the drift. Check out the sign in the photo..."Impaired Clearance" 

See if you can find Tom..hint...he is holding a cigarette. I wish I knew him then. But we probably wouldn't have hit it of..I think he was wilder than I was.


Squirrel Hill is a Jewish neighborhood. There are close to 20 synagogues in this neighborhood. Even Dunkin Donuts serves kosher donuts. 

Seth sold his house and rents here..his sweetie is only a few blocks away. The Jewish Center (like the YMCA) is a block away, restaurants  a few blocks away, and a library is close too. I would love to live in a place where I can walk everywhere. In Boise, I can ride my bike most places..

Tomorrow...Eastward to my Berlin school principal's house. 

No comments: