Thursday, August 27, 2026

Lobsta Roll!!




 I made it to Maine!! I am now at Sea Escape Cottages on Bailey Island. (another Harvest Host site)

I didn't know this but Greta told me that it was here that there was a great white shark attack. https://www.nytimes.com/2020/07/28/us/shark-attack-harpswell-maine.html This is a grisley story..so you need to brace up to read it. I am not going swimming here!!

But it is lovely here..quaint little cottages, big lawns, hammocks and a view of the ocean. Ruthie and I have had a great time walking and playing around here. 

I walked up the street to a cafe and got a lobsta roll for dinner. Not cheap but yummy. 






Here are a few more sights from the area..






Tomorrow I will head north to an artists house to stay and see her studio. Then the next night an Alpaca Farm. I was going to go to Greta's but she isn't home until Sunday so I figured I might as well keep exploring. 
Ruthie is doing awesome!! 

Thank you for reading this..and especially for your comments!!!





3 comments:

Anonymous said...

You made it! Never a doubt. Glad there were so many amazing memories made along the way. We’re also glad to hear Ruthie is still doing well and living her best life. Thank you for sharing your trip, Pam.

Anonymous said...

Maine looks beautiful and relaxed! Hopefully no more busy freeways :) sw

Anonymous said...

Suzanne Locklear Did you say Lobster roll! Oh how I love those!!!
Your descriptions of each place are keeping me curious to travel to every spot. You are looking through a grateful lens. Keep rollin’ sista.