All praise go to google maps..my navigator. I couldn't have made it out of Chicago without its guidance. I must have gone on 5 different highways to get out of town. The tricky part is that you get on one highway then google tells you to get in the left lane..so I try to get over passing semi trucks and fast cars. Then I am on another highway and google tells me to get in right lane..and so it goes. I was so happy when it said keep going straight for 220 miles! Whew..out of Chicago.
Now here I am in Sandusky. (I couldn't help but think of Gerald Sandusky an American convicted serial child molester and retired college football coach) But he has nothing to do with this town. Whew.
I had several hours before checking in my harvest host since I left Chicago at 5:30 AM..A side note: if you are out at that God awful time the only place open for coffee is Dunkin Donuts.
So Ruthie and I walked by the lake which was pretty industrial and not so clean looking. I asked around to see if there was anywhere to swim..Nope!We wandered into town after that. It is a lovely town with perfect lawns, old beautiful homes and lots of flowers.
Here is a crazy fact about Sandusky. It was build with roads like the Mason Logo..which is a level and a compass..So the streets are at different angles.
Ruthie and I are at Fireside Winery camping in van. I had a yummy dinner salad and glass of wine. Harvest Hosts like the campers to spend at least $25 where they are camped. I checked out a state park in Wisconsin and it was $60. for the night..See why Harvest Hosts is such a good idea. Plus ever so quiet.
Plus everyone here is so happy..Maybe it has something to do with it being a winery. And no screaming kids either.
Tomorrow a shorter 3 hour drive to Pittsburg. Tom and I were there once on a trip we took around the U.S. I will be at Tom's friends home..a fellow WSU grad!, Seth.
That's all from Sandusky Ohio..signing off..
States so far..Idaho...Montana...North Dakota...Minnesota...Wisconson...Illinois...Ohio...
No comments:
Post a Comment