Monday, August 17, 2026

Welcome..Go Away!

I was really looking forward to my stay at "Larson's Landing". It was described on the Harvest Host websiste as a quiet and green spot next to the river and that they raised vegetables to sale.

 It is quiet..but haven't seen a soul except the grumpy man who yelled at me to get off his lawn (nextdoor) The house looks deserted.. Not a vegetable in sight..and there are cans with bullet holes in them. I am getting a "Deliverance" kinda vibe. I keep hearing guns go off too...Oh my..Not a welcoming kinda place. 

But it was a long drive today and I am going to stay put..Almost bedtime and I will lock up the van..

Wishing Tom was here...



Dog is my co-pilot

No swimming, drive slow, no parking....
I am going to take a shower1

Time for bed..I love the last lines in this poem..

Welcome the night. Good sleep

is your body’s mending time. In its sweet release,

the fires of worry and anger will be subdued;

and in dreams you may learn to fly above any blaze,

and let your secret self float free

above a new world.

You must imagine and learn to embrace

each and every day.

No comments: