Thursday, August 13, 2026

Ennis!!

 I made it to Ennis today. It was a nice 4 hour drive with a few stops. I think it was extremely brave of me to not stop at the Patagonia Outlet in Dillon, Montana. I cannot go in there and not buy something..So I escaped that temptation.

Ennis was Tom's mother's and his grandparent's home. We visited it often and many of Tom's ancestors are buried here. There is a lot of family history in this town. Tom wanted to be buried here and we of course followed his wishes to be buried in Ennis and also have a green burial. 

Today is about ten months after his burial. I visited his grave and saw his lovely headstone. It was sad..but I was glad to sit with his presence for some time.  There is a field next to the cemetery and it was full of antelope running across the field..and many birds circled overhead. It was beautiful. 



I placed a few things on his grave..a "Slap Your Mama" (his fav spice) with a little plant, a glass ball from Japan and some sea glass and shells. 

I am camping with Ruthie on the Madison River. It is so quiet and full of life.  It  was one of Tom's favorite fishing spots. 

Tomorrow..onward to my first Harvest Host stay, a flower farm.

Love to all my pals!




1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thanks Pam, I am looking forward to your evening posts. Rest in peace Tomas.